Bright Lights Holiday Craft
Have some holiday cheer with your young Makers with this FREE CRAFT from our Super Sandcastle title, Super Simple Christmas Activities: Fun and Easy Holiday Projects for Kids!
What You Need
• card stock
• colored paper
• glue stick
1. Draw a bulb shape on the card stock. Cut it out. This is the bulb template.
2. Trace the bulb template on colored paper. Repeat to make 10 to 20 bulbs of different colors. Cut the bulbs out.
3. Cut a long strip of black paper 2 inches (5 cm) wide. Fold it in half lengthwise.
4. Cut a piece of the folded strip as wide as one bulb base. Repeat for all the bulbs.
5. Put glue along both edges of a bulb base. Fold a black strip over the base. Leave space between the fold and the top of the base. Let the glue dry. Repeat for all bulbs.
6. Tape one end of the string to a toothpick. Pull the toothpick and string through the space between each fold and bulb base. Remove the toothpick from the string.
7. Hang your garland for holiday cheer!